I’m lyra (‘lie-ruh). this is my website.
- the name lyra is taken from the his dark materials series of novels by philip pullman. it is my actual first name as well as my musical persona’s first name.
- messier (mes-si-‘yay) is a reference to the classification of space objects.
- if you’re interested in my music listening habits, you can head over to my last.fm.
- my favourite colour is a dark bluish green, should it not be obvious by now. I’ve taken to calling this “lyra green” given how difficult it can be to explain the exact shade to people. (some things it is not are greenish blue, turquoise and teal.) I encourage you to call it that too in preparation for my eventual audiovisual takeover of the world.
- I also have a youtube channel, which is little more than my personal dumping ground; I’ve dabbled in music criticism and dumb memes, and have also uploaded some of my own music there. subscribe if you like your lyra content even messier than usual.
- I wrote the code for this website in brackets. the full source is available on github.
- this page is set in iosevka (a customised version of which is also the lyra messier brand font) and source sans pro.
- if you open this page in arc browser, its colours will automatically match your space theme.
- colour madness (epilepsy warning) displays a new random colour every second. please open it on any public computers you happen to come across.
- some things you can try typing on the index page include: nyan, bounce, no, mand, the konami code, alt+J, and a few spacebar presses :)